ABOUT THIS COURSE
NEBOSH and Great Britain’s Health and Safety Regulator, the Health and Safety Executive (HSE),
have joined forces to develop a one day qualification that shows how non-complex incidents can be investigated effectively. By learning lessons and making improvements, organisations can avoid similar incidents occurring in the future
WHO IS THIS FOR?
This qualification is for anyone who wants to carry out incident investigations effectively. Employers, supervisors, SHE champions, union and safety representatives will benefit.
– Independently investigate simple incidents
– Gather evidence including conducting witness interviews
– Produce an action plan to prevent a recurrence of an incident
– Contribute to team investigations for large scale incidents
– Positively impact the safety culture in your organisation
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS FOR EMPLOYERS?
-Drive down repeat incidents
– learn lessons so it doesn’t happen again
– Confidence that your organisation’s approach to investigations is robust
– Improved safety culture by encouraging a proactive approach to incident investigation
– Build in-company expertise
– An approach to incident investigations that reflects best practice.
A 60-minute practical assessment. You will be provided with a pack of evidence and shown a video of three witness interviews. You will be asked to review the evidence, evaluate each interview and produce an action plan that will help prevent a recurrence of an incident.
English language skill level 6 or higher in IELTS, or equivalent is recommended, but not mandatory, for those whom the first language is not English.