ABOUT THIS COURSE
NEBOSH and Great Britain’s Health and Safety Regulator, the Health and Safety Executive (HSE),
have joined forces to develop a one day health and safety qualification for senior business leaders or those aspiring to this position. The interactive, thought provoking content shows how leaders can
influence health and safety performance and culture through their actions and behaviours.
WHO IS THIS FOR?
This qualification is for senior business leaders or anyone who aspires to become one in the future. It highlights the moral, legal, and financial reasons for good health and safety leadership. It offers guidance on the key areas to focus on to make a difference and how leaders can become better advocates and influencers in relation to health and safety.
Positively influence health and safety performance and culture in your workplace
– Apply the Health and Safety Executive’s model for effective health and safety leadership
– Reflect on your own health and safety leadership style and what can influence your decision making and subsequent behaviours
– Understand the link between effective health and safety leadership and reaching cultural safety excellence
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS FOR EMPLOYERS?
– Leadership that reflects HSE’s model of effective health and safety leadership
– Health and safety will be factored into business decisions in the future
– Leaders who recognise how their own behaviours impact on health and safety culture
The assessment will be in the form of reflective statements undertaken throughout the course.
These show how the student’s knowledge, skill and behaviours may have both positive and negative effects on health and safety performance in their organisation.
Students will also need to make a commitment to a leadership intervention that will improve health and safety management within their sphere of influence at work.